- Police or Ambulance: 999 (Cantonese & English)
- The Samaritans: 2896 0000 (English, but most also speak Cantonese and Mandarin, and other languages. Feel free to call and ask)
- The Samaritans Befrienders: 2389 2222 (Cantonese & English)
- Suicide Prevention Services: 2382 0000 (Cantonese & English)
- Caritas Family Crisis Support Centre: 18288 (Cantonese & English)
- Cease Crisis Centre for sexual violence and domestic abuse: 18281 (Cantonese & English)
- Rainlily Sexual violence helpline: 23755322 (Mon - Fri 09:00 - 22:00 / Sat 09:00 - 13:00) Cantonese & English
- The HKSAR Government has a list of Counselling and Rehabilitation Services in English and Chinese.
- The Narcotics Division, Security Bureau of HKSAR has commissioned a non-governmental organisation to provide telephone and instant messaging enquiry services about substance misuse and related information. Individual can seek immediate counselling or referral for treatment services from the social workers.
186 186 Anti-drug Telephone Enquiry Service
98 186 186 Anti-drug Instant Messaging Enquiry Service (Whatsapp and WeChat
- Hong Kong Christian Services PS33 Counselling Service for Psychotropic Substance Users provides counselling and detoxification services for psychotropic substance addicts and counselling for family members.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) offers peer support for people who want to stop using drugs. Tel: 9332 2679
- The Society for the Aid and Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers (SARDA) provides rehabilitation services, youth centre, halfway house, methadone counselling service, social service centres.
- The Society of Rehabilitation and Crime Prevention, Hong Kong offers rehabilitation and treatment services for ethnic minorities and non-Chinese speakers.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) offers peer support for people who want to stop using alcohol. Tel: 9073 6922
- Al-Anon is a group for relatives and friends of alcoholics, or anyone whose life has been affected by someone else’s drinking. Tel: 5944 4971
- The Cabin Hong Kong offers English language addiction treatment and rehabilitation for 18+ year olds, Tel: 3008 5841.
- Non-Chinese speaking young people can visit the Centre for Harmony and Enhancement of Ethnic Minority Residents (CHEER) Tel: 3106 3104
- St. John's Cathedral Counselling Service, provides affordable, evidence-based, professional, resource-rich and multi-lingual counselling service in Hong Kong. Tel: 2525 7207