Frequently Asked Question
- What are the service hours for Project Connect?
KELY staff are available from 9 am to 6 pm, Monday to Fridays for your inquiries and to assist you in your referral needs.
- I am not sure about whether I need formal help, can I just talk to KELY staff first?
Yes, feel free to give us a call or message whenever you need. We welcome you to share with us first, then we can offer suggestions on the next step based on your condition. We support you by non-judgmentally providing information on your mental health status, how to seek help, where to seek it & what you can expect.
- Can I call Project Connect to speak with a mental health professional?
Project Connect is a referral service for youth and does NOT provide frontline counselling. We can arrange a session with you to know more about your concerns and conditions before determining how best we can support you. Referrals can then be made to our partnering NGOs for counselling services.
- Is Project Connect confidential?
Yes, all personal information and conversation collected throughout our referral service are kept confidential unless you are under immediate risk or with your consent. When you request help being referred to services in HK, KELY will share your information with service providers and only them, unless you are under emergency risk.
- Is it compulsory for me to get referred out to external NGOs for counselling services?
No, referrals will only be made with your consent, we can accompany you in your help-seeking journey. Whether you are in doubt or uncertain of seeking formal help, KELY staff can have a chat with you and hear out any inquiries or concerns.
- Do I need permission from my parent/legal guardian to use Project Connect’s referral service?
Consent of your parent or legal guardian is ONLY needed when you request to get referred and if you are 17 years old or below. In any case, you are unable or have difficulty getting immediate consent, KELY staff will assist in connecting you with the services which will support you in your current situation.
- What if I am not satisfied with the current referral?
KELY staff will check up on you in 2 to 3 weeks after the referral, you can share your thoughts with us on the counselling service. We can help to re-match if needed. Your wellbeing in this help-seeking journey is our priority.
- What should I do if I am in an emergency?
Our referral system is not an emergency service. If you are in need of immediate assistance, please call 999 or the following hotlines:
- The Samaritans- 24 hours Multi-multilingual prevention service 2896 0000
- Suicide Prevention Services (Cantonese only) - 2382 0000